Furikake Chex Mix + Mild Hot Garlic
4 cups of Rice, Corn or Wheat Chex Mix
4 cups of Honeycomb Cereal
4 cups of Crispix Cereal
4 cups of Bugles Chips
Can use any combination of cereal, chips, pretzels… the combo above is our preference to yield the most addictive crunch!
2 sticks butter
½ cup corn syrup, honey or maple syrup
½ cups of sugar
½ cup grapeseed oil - can use any neutral flavored oil like canola, vegetable, avocado, etc.
¼ soy sauce
3 tbsp Mama Teav’s Hot Garlic - Mild
1 bottle Nori Goma Furikake
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
2. Combine dry cereal into an oversized bowl. Make sure it’s big enough to be able to toss all of the contents well
3. In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, melt the butter
4. Add the corn syrup, sugar, vegetable oil and soy sauce and whisk well to combine
5. Remove from heat and whisk in Hot Garlic
6. Drizzle half the sauce over dry cereal and shake half of the furikake onto the cereal. Toss and mix well
7. Repeat with remaining sauce and furikake
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the coated cereal onto the baking tray
9. Bake for 1 hour, tossing/flipping every 15 minutes.
10. Allow to fully cool to room temperature before enjoying!